Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Words

Words are so powerful.  They can hurt you, they can change you.  The saying is "actions speak louder than words" but is that true!?  In part it sure is.  Its us/me/you who has the power to control how we walk this life.  I have not walked so well in this life the past few years but I have a great support system that is helping me be able to gain control again.  The experiences that help sculpt us, the realizations that make us open our eyes to a greater future.  Deciding that we might actually deserve better and not just settling.  The steps are hard, the change is hard but I think personally that it is going to be worth it in the long run. Someone just opened up to me with "words" and it took me by surprise.  I read them, I felt them.  I don't allow myself to believe them.  The "baby" steps I am taking in regaining control of me has been a process and this has become part of it as well and I wouldn't change a thing about it. I hate that I am so numb and guarded but its become a protection for me, she has been able to chip at it.  I like her.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.