When do we know when the tides are turning!? I was told today to not let my "self worth be a bitch". I find that to be profound in a way. I shouldn't allow anyone to make me feel worthless or useless. I am a giver, well to the people I want to be that way with. I have done things because I have wanted to and I have also been hurt and jaded because of it, yet I still do it. It's in my nature to care and nurture certain people. The saying "No good deed goes undone" could be the story of some of my life. I am finding that a certain someone that has been in my life is toxic and brings me down, makes me feel so small, puts me in a light that I will never fill. I am seeing it more clearly every day. The time to focus on me and what makes me happy is around the corner. I see now that I want to have someone in my life that makes me be a better version of myself, who doesn't judge me, who supports me through thick and thin. There is someone! It's time to put things in a wider perspective. I realize I can't control everything nor do I want too. I need to spend more of my time in the present moment, the now. Not the past. Her.
She says I smell like safety and home
I named both of her eyes “Forever” and “Please don’t go”
I could be a morning sunrise all the time, all the time yeah
This could be good, this could be good
And I can’t change, even if I tried
Even if I wanted to
And I can’t change, even if I tried
Even if I wanted to
My love, my love, my love, my love
She keeps me warm, she keeps me warm
What’s your middle name?
Do you hate your job?
Do you fall in love too easily?
What’s your favorite word?
You like kissing girls?
Can I call you baby?
Yeah, yeah
She says that people stare ‘cuz we look so good together
Yeah, yeah, yeah
And I can’t change, even if I tried
Even if I wanted to
And I can’t change, even if I tried
Even if I wanted to
My love, my love, my love, my love
She keeps me warm, she keeps me warm
I’m not crying on Sundays, I’m not crying on Sundays
Love is patient, love is kind
My love, my love, my love, my love
She keeps me warm, she keeps me warm
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.